1. If the 'programmers.co.kr' is blocked from accessing the camera or microphone
If the popup message that says '"programmers" Would Like to Access the Microphone and Camera' doesn’t appear when accessing the video call page on Safari, please check the following:
- Settings > Safari > Camera > Make sure that Ask or Allow is checked.
- Settings > Safari > Microphone > Make sure that Ask or Allow is checked.
* You will see the following image when access to the camera or microphone isn’t granted on Safari:
Some devices (iPhone 6, 6s and 7) may cause problems with camera & microphone access even after changing the permissions setting. In this case, please try the following procedures:
- Update your software to the latest version.
- If updating doesn’t solve the problem, backup your phone with iCloud and factory-reset it.
2. If you are trying to take more than one test on the same device
The camera settings page in every test is marked with the mobile phone access URL and access verification code.
If you are taking more than one test, you might confuse the URL and the verification code of one test with that of another. Make sure that the entered verification code matches the verification code requesting for camera access in that test.
3. If there is an error on another tab on Safari that has already been opened
If there is a camera settings error on a Safari tab that has already been opened, this can sometimes be solved by closing and reopening the page. Please close all tabs on Safari by holding on to the icon in the bottom right corner. After closing all tabs, turn off Safari and try accessing it again.